Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mothers Intuition- Aubrey's Birth Story





I wanted to record and write Aubrey's birth story for those that wanted to read it. Giving birth to Aubrey was one of the most amazing moments in my life. I have wanted Aubrey to come for so long, and seeing her for the first time was a moment I will never forget.

So here is the story... The weeks leading up to Aubrey coming were the longest in my life. It got closer and closer to the due date and I got more and more impatient. I was not progressing like I was hoping. The day before her due date I went to the doctor. I got checked and I had not progressed at all (no dilatation, baby only 50% effaced). We decided to schedule an induction 4 days later, just in case she had not come yet. I was having contractions all weekend but nothing was coming progressing. Well Monday comes and Chris and I check into the hospital at 8:00 pm for my induction. They induce me by giving me medicine that dilates my cervix and causes contractions. I was in labor all night and frequently was being checked for dilatation. My contractions were not getting strong enough and i was not dialiating more then 1/2 cm. At 9:00 am my doctor comes into my room and checks me and then gives me two options. He says because of my lack of dialiation, they could do two things. One do a C-section, or they could insert a device into me that would mechanically open my cervix and it would take about 12 hours, then there could be another 24 hours of labor after that. (which sounded so fun). So I told him that I needed to talk to my husband who was asleep at the time. So Chris and I prayed about it and talked. I told him that I wanted to go with a C-Section. During the last few weeks of my pregnancy I just had this feeling that Aubrey was going to be a C-section delivery. So that is what we decided. The doctor came back in about and hour later and we told him our decision. He was pretty surprised that we decided that, and so quickly. So the c-section got scheduled for 2:00 pm. My parents were in and out of the hospital visiting us and supporting us. There were a lot of c-sections that day and our time kept getting pushed back. Finally they started getting me prepped around 3:45 and I was in the OR at 4:00. Chris had to white out side while they gave me a spinal and got me prepped. He came in just before they opened me up. He was talking to me and making sure I was ok. It felt really weird to be cut open and my baby taken out. Much different then I though. A lot of pulling and tugging. No pain though, just felt really weird. Then I heard my doctor call out to Chris, are you ready to see your baby? So Chris stood up and pulled out my phone and started taking pics. Then I heard the doctor say "Holy cow, one...two...three..." She had the cord wrapped around her neck 3 times! Then I heard her for the first time. I instantly started crying. Then they held her over the curtain and I saw her for the first time. She looked right at me. They then took her and Chris into the NICU, and sewed me back up. After the doctor was done he said that he was really glad I had mothers intuition and decided to get a c-section, because if I hadn't her birth would have been a lot different and very scary, and possibly very dangerous for Aubrey. He asked for permission to use my story in the birthing classes that he teaches. The next few hours are kind of a blur. I somehow ended up in a recovery room, and just Chris and I and the nurses were allowed in there. They drought Aubry in and I got to hold her for the first time. I then got taken into my room where I would be for the next few days. Aubrey was the most perfect baby. I was so amazed that I created her, and that she was my baby. I felt the most intense love for her and it came so fast. I want the best for her, and I will always strive to help her get that. Chris was a huge support and instantly calmed the role and best father in the world. I love our little family. I am so grateful for my mothers intuition and the feelings that I had that helped me safely deliver my beautiful and perfect baby. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that blessed me with a safe delivery of my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I'm so glad you followed your gut feeling and that your daughter is here and safe! She is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete