Monday, May 26, 2014

Dear Sweetheart

Dear Sweet Baby Aubrey,

It has been many weeks since I first found out you were inside me. This journey has been a long and trying one for me. I have been so anxious and nervous about all the things that could happen to you. I wanted you to be safe and healthy. We have had our ups and downs these long months. These have been the best months though.

I remember the first time I saw you, you looked like a gummy bear. You have grown so much. I love feeling you dance around in my belly, and feeling your every move. I remember the day we found out you were a girl. I knew it all along. I am so excited it is you that is coming. I knew my sweet Aubrey was coming. I love you so much already and I can't wait to meet you. I know you have such a strong spirit, and you are going to do amazing things. You are truly special.

I love having you in my belly, but I can't wait until you get here. I love how much your daddy already loves you. He is the one that sings to you at night. He is going to be the most amazing dad in the world. You are one lucky girl. I can't wait until you join our family. Only 9 weeks to go. Until then... I love you.

Mom






To Princess Aubrey Isabelle,
     Hello little one! This is your father writing to you, and I want to clear a few things up. First of all, it has been a very difficult journey for your mother and I, and Jaclyn has had a lot of ups and downs. I want you to know, however, that she has never once regretted bringing you into this world and bearing the weight of your tiny little body. She sheds tears not because you are too much of a burden, but because she feels sometimes that she has done something to upset you or jeopardize your safety. She loves you so incredibly much and that has made me a very proud husband.

     Me and your mother are so excited to see you and hold you in our arms. You are a lucky girl coming into this family and will have a lot of fun here on planet earth! Your mother has your room all ready for you and every time we walk inside we cannot help but picture you playing with toys and waddling around on your tiny little feet. I am so excited to go to your dance recitals and take you to concerts to show you what real music is. I am so happy that you can hear me singing to you and that you seem to like music already!

     You are my princess and your wish is my command, little one. I am at your beckoning call. I am your noble knight in shining armor ready to protect you from any adversary that comes your way. I am so lucky to be able to call such a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father my own and will not let him down in raising you. I promise you with everything I have that you will feel loved every single day of your precious life, and your mother and I will never take advantage of the blessing that is Aubrey Isabelle. I love you.

Dad

1 comment:

  1. wow these letters are so special, I am sure Aubrey will be able to cherish them for years to come.

    ReplyDelete